On 09.03.2010, at 14:28, Jonathan Shore wrote:

> Thanks.   BTW, you may want to consider targeting ejml instead of colt if you
> are targeting dense matrix operations.   ejml does quite a bit better
> performance-wise.   Colt does support more matrix types though.

Thanks for the pointer, I didn't know about ejml.

My goal for the moment is not to target any specific Java matrix library, but
to make it straightforward to interface with as many of them as possible.
Nevertheless, at some point those interfaces will actually have to be written,
and then I will check out some of those Java libraries in practice. If ejml is
as fast as it claims to be, then it should be a good candidate.

Konrad.