On Mar 10, 10:37 pm, startup <jennifermorgan2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The software center would try to steer the candidates to use Lisp/
> Clojure over other languages because of the flexibility and speed with
> with ideas can be developed and the languages inherent suitability for
> large Web Scale/Cloud apps and AI.

I've started a company that is developing a web application in
Clojure. I chose Clojure because, of the available JVM languages, it
is the most fun to program -- ie I didn't choose it for good business
reasons.

I am enjoying development so far but I think it is important to point
out that, wonderful though compojure is, web development in Clojure
lacks facilities that more mature web frameworks provide in other
languages. I see this as no bad thing for me personally (I like the
unpolluted simplicity) but it will effect the competitive edge of any
startup that chooses to standardise on Clojure.

This will change with time of course, so it may be that starting a
Clojure specific incubator at this early stage is a wise move in the
long term. However, it may be advisable not to over-promise in the
early stages.

Saul