I noticed that when I set JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS, clojure outputs the following to
STDERR before it runs my code:

Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: ...

This interferes with e.g. running clojure scripts as cron jobs, since it's
common to rely on the presence of output on STDERR to signal errors.

Obviously one can work around this with IO redirection plus grep or tail, but
that's ugly and a pain. Is there a way to turn off this output entirely, or at
least to get clojure to put it on STDOUT instead?

-Michael