Tim Johnson wrote:
I have evaluated clojure for the last couple of days, and it is both my own
professional decision and my recommendation to the professional organizations
that I belong to and report to that clojure is not ready for prime time.

[snip]

I agree that Tim was a bit over-reacting; it's so easy to dismiss his post as flame-bait and what not.

Nevertheless, I think getting started with Clojure is certainly not painless at the moment; and it's no fault of Clojure at all. There are many people who come to Clojure from non-Java backgrounds (like me) and don't know Emacs (unlike me). Those guys face a _lot_ of problems.

Using Clojure on Windows is also a bit problematic.

How do we solve it? Clear, up to date instructions for new comers.

I propose a website which will serve as the canonical repository for Clojure documentation.

It will have great documentation starting from getting started with Clojure to examples of different library functions.

We could use content from the Wikibooks project to get started, but we will need to organise and maintain the content a bit better.

What do you people think?

Regards,
BG

--