Actually, this is more complicated than I thought.  The build
processes will use whatever default version of Java is installed
locally.

Maven has config options for the Java *compiler* version to use, but
that will only work for .java source files (of which there are non in
contrib).  The version of Java under which the Clojure compiler runs
is just the local "java" executable.

The solution, I suppose, is to install Java 1.5 on the
build.clojure.org server and force it to be the default.

-SS