On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 4:17 PM, Frank Siebenlist
<frank.siebenl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the response - guess it is the best one can do living in this
> mixed mutable/immutable world.
>
> Has the seq'ed version of the java byte array become immutable or do we have
> to pray that nobody changes the underlying array values?

Pray.

  (let [a (into-array (range 5)),
        s (seq a)]
    (prn s)
    (aset a 1 42)
    (prn s))

  ; (0 1 2 3 4)
  ; (0 42 2 3 4)

I'd recommend keeping the exposure of arrays to very small and
isolated pieces of code, if they must be used at all.

--Chouser
http://joyofclojure.com/