Hi,

I played with Richs ant colony these days, and want to report about
experience with 4 cores.

First I didn't want my computer to idle, so I set

* (def dim 140) was 80
* (def food-places 13) was 35 - I hoped for more defined routes. In
vain.
* (def food-range 1000) was 100 to have enough.

and the 3 sleep times to, well, zero.

With only these changes the display was completely frozen and didn't
unfroze even after an hour. I also got "Transaction failed after
reaching retry limit" Exceptions.

So I raised the value for :min-history as suggested by Rich.
(def world .. (ref (struct cell 0 0) :min-history 2) ..)

But 2 wasn't enough. Even with 5 the display wasnt good.

I had to go up to until 7 to have an almost stable situation. When I
looked at the ref-history-count after a while, a couple of the had
rised to 8.

So this value needed is almost in the range of reaching the
default :max-history (the default is 10).

This is what I want to share, maybe its of help to somebody.

Kind regards, alux