On 20 April 2010 15:41, Craig Andera <craig.and...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yep: that's good advice, although I can't say I find much in emacs to
> be "basic", even after using it casually for 20 years :). The one I
> tended to use in the tutorial (in case someone saw it flash by in the
> minibuffer) is C-x C-e, which I have bound to lisp-eval-last-sexp, and
> that is a custom binding. Something from Scheme-based muscle memory a
> million years ago.

C-x C-e is by default bound to eval-last-sexp in emacs and to
slime-eval-last-expression in a slime enabled buffers (e.g. a
clojure-mode buffer with the slime minor mode enabled). That is, it
should work out of the box for everyone using slime.

Another common default key binding is C-c C-k (slime-compile-and-load)
which will load all of the current clojure-mode buffer.

Out of all of these bindings, C-M-x is IMHO the most useful one
(funnily enough I didn't know about it!). C-x C-e requires you to be
at the end of a form to be useful. And C-c C-k loads everything even
when you only need one form to be updated.

--
  ! Lauri