On Apr 22, 2010, at 14:28 , Douglas Philips wrote:
> eval can be a dangerous thing to use, you have to be very careful about where
> the source has come from, in terms of trusting that the code your programs
> 'eval's will not be malicious or dangerous in some way. There are no absolute
> rules for this, it depends on your application.

To do a bit advertising here, for this case there is clj-sandbox I claim it
does a pretty good job to give a basic hassle free safety for evaluated code.
Also if it is a string you read from you can skip the read-string part and just
pass it the string directly.

If you want to have a look: http://github.com/Licenser/clj-sandbox
or for lein: [clj-sandbox "0.3.1"]