I used JRat when developing with java but the results do not help me
much @ clojure:

Method Time %
#1 var deref() 12,1%
#2 var get() 6,2%
#3-#7 some,filter,distinct...

Is this because I use vars for storing for example the cell-map of the
game?
Are atoms allowing faster access and should I use atoms even for
immutable globals like the 2d-cell-map?
Or is this standart clojure bottleneck for dereferencing functions?
How can I profile so that I find the functions of my 'test namespace?

Then I used JavaVisualVM .. and specified

test.** as my class settings to try to get only the functions of my
namespace.

But there came a lot of errors:

Profiler Agent Warning: Failed to lookup cached class ...my test ns
functions...