Watching Stuart's tutorial, it looks like the automatic factory
functions for deftypes have gone away (I'm still working with Clojure
1.1, so haven't had a chance to try the latest changes for myself).
I'm going to miss that feature, especially for defrecord, which is now
the "common case" construct.

I understand that you can always do "Foo." to construct a Foo record,
but these constructors don't act as full-fledged functions, right?

Honestly, for me the main issue is just that subjectively, it is less
satisfying to create a Clojure data structure and end up with
something that you construct with Java interop syntax.  I'd like
Clojure data structures to look and feel "Clojurish" not "Javaish"
(yes, I know that Clojure is built with interop in mind, so
technically, anything Javaish is also Clojurish, but I still feel a
difference).