Hello Shawn,

thank you for help. Yes, I am using Clojure Box 1.1.0. I changed
my .emacs-file to:

(setq swank-clojure-classpaths
                (list "c:/Clojure"))

I still get the same error. Since I am a total emacs newbie, I might
be making a stupid mistake that might not be obvious to advanced
users.

Anything else I could try?