On May 5, 3:47 pm, Meikel Brandmeyer <m...@kotka.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, May 05, 2010 at 08:24:39AM -0700, Chas Emerick wrote:
> > variety of birds with one stone, and maybe slightly simplify the
> > mental model that one needs to have in place to understand namespaces.
>
> The model is already quite easy, no? Everything is just a sequence
> of statements read by Clojure. A ns form does not create a namespace
> but declares one. It is only created, if it doesn't exist already.
> And from then on this namespace is modified by further statements.

I don't know -- I've been so far down the rabbit hole for so long that
I sometimes find it hard to think about where things stand relative to
the ideal.

I do wish that ns declarations were an all-or-nothing proposition.
I've worked myself into some very unusual REPL states when a namespace
loads only partially due to an error (usually an incredibly useless
one, but that's just an impl issue).  I can imagine that having a ref
per namespace would make this a straightforward simplification, and
would probably shake out of a CinC impl.

- Chas