On May 11, 2010, at 12:39 PM, Alexandre Patry wrote:

> I am trying to call a java method using apply, like :
>
> (apply .println [System/out "hello" "world"])
>
> But I get an error: "Unable to resolve symbol: .println in this context"
>
> Am I missing something?

Unfortunately, Java methods are not currently first-class functions in Clojure.
But you can use memfn to create one (see "Java Interop" section at clojure.org):

(apply (memfn println s) [System/out "hello world"])

(Note that your original version won't work because println only takes one
String argument.) You can also do (apply #(.println %1 %2) [System/out "hello
world"]), of course.