On Sat, 15 May 2010 22:13:17 +0200
Peter Schuller <peter.schul...@infidyne.com> wrote:
> > Which leads to the question: what's in Blah.clj? In particular,
> > there's nothing in clojure that automatically run things in the script
> > file; you have to explicitly invoke the main function at the end of
> > the script. If you don't, then invoking it on the command line will
> > just load it, and then exit without running anything.
> Hmmm? I've been invoking scripts regularly since forever ;)
> Back in the 1.0 days there was the clojure.Repl vs. clojure.Script
> (IIRC); with 1.1 clojure.main does both things depending on
> parameters. For example:
>
> % echo '(println "test")' > test.clj
> % java -cp /usr/local/share/java/classes/clojure.jar clojure.main test.clj
> test

Exactly. You explicitly invoked a function. println is an odd choice
for the main function - except as an example.

Compare that to:

% echo '(defn my-func [& args] (apply println args))' > test.clj
% java -cp ~/.clojure/clojure.jar clojure.main test.clj
%

Arguably, I invoked "defn", but all that did was compile a function
for me - it didn't run said function. To run it, I need to invoke it
explicitly at the end of the script:

% echo '(my-func *command-line-args*)' >> test.clj
% java -cp ~/.clojure/clojure.jar clojure.main test.clj testing
(testing)
%

I'm thinking the problem - since the command line appears to be
correct, and starts a repl if no script is provided - is that Blah.clj
just defines functions, but doesn't invoke one of them. Without
looking at the script, this is just a WAG, but I recall some
discussion about this issue earlier.

      <mike
--
Mike Meyer <m...@mired.org>             http://www.mired.org/consulting.html