On May 18, 9:38 pm, Robbie Vanbrabant <robbie.vanbrab...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> - use slime-connect and say yes on this: versions differ: nil (slime) vs.
> 20100404 (swank) continue?
> - works
>
> For completeness, I started from an emacs-starter-kit installation and then
> installed swank-clojure and SLIME using ELPA. Removing swank-clojure with
> elpa does not get rid of the warning. Is there another way to get rid of it?
> (I also don't get how my SLIME version can be nil).

To get rid of the warning/question, you can do

(require 'slime)
(setq slime-protocol-version 'ignore)

somewhere in your emacs init script.

As this thread shows, using incompatible swank/slime versions can
cause problems, but personally I find the warning too intrusive so
I've switched it off.

Joost.