I suppose I could, but that would make some things such as using letfn
for my rules impossible when the rules are mutually recursive.

In any case, it doesn't change the fact that, though functions now
have metadata, there is no way to give functions defined letfn that
metadata. This would be useful in any other case involving function
metadata, such as in logging, or tracking callings. So far, I cannot
think of any good reason to reject this proposal.