I enjoy clojure and I think I am breaking all the rules.  I have an
app that I originally created in clojure.  It has been a year off and
on.  And I merged that code with some existing java database code.

The clojure code invokes the java code.  Now, I want to have a script
environment where users can invoke their own clojure code.  But I was
think the clojure code should run in a completely new, separate
environment, via a thread.

Basically.

1. Clojure is invokved (clojure.main)
2. I have clojure code that invokes code originally written in Java
3. That java code creates another separate clojure instance, parsing a
clojure script. (an embedded dsl)

It isn't that confusing.  It is almost akin to invoking a JSP page
from a running web server.