However, in this case, the point of the code was probably to
show/teach somebody how to solve a problem.  When teaching, you want
to make the point as clear as possible, and I think John is trying to
point out, in this instance, the extra code to remove the reflection
warnings detracts from that goal.

I do not disagree with the idea of removing reflection warnings as a
rule and not an exception, especially in production software.

I should probably not fan this fire, but I did anyways... :)

-- Dennis