On Jun 3, 2010, at 24:02 , rzeze...@gmail.com wrote:

> I was able to make this go away by adding a method to Numbers.java.  I
> have a use case where I'm calling bit-and with two longs tens of
> millions of times.  Is there another way I could avoid this reflection
> without this change to the Java source?

The only way to avoid it without changing the java code is to box it
(bit-and (Long/valueOf (long 0x1)) (Long/valueOf (long 0x1)))
or
(bit-and (num (long 0x1)) (num (long 0x1)))

I had a similar patch, because I did not wanted to box. I've also noticed that
short and byte are totally missing from the Numbers.java. I can put together a
patch for short, byte and missing long cases.
Would it be something useful?

 _   __
| \o/__
|_/|\_|