I agree that the cocoa builds are the nicest.  But there is one
problem that I've had with them: I wasn't able to successfully install
swank-clojure through elpa from within that emacs.  Curiously, I was
able to install it through elpa in aquamacs, and then I had no problem
using swank-clojure from within the cocoa (emacsforosx.com) emacs.

I'm at a loss to account for this, and I don't have the emacs-fu to
debug this.

All that aside, yeah the cocoa (emacsforosx.com) builds are very nice,
minimalist and very functional.