I'm using NetBeans 6.9, which is just what happened to be there when I went to
try this today.

Maybe I should be trying a different environment if this is going to depend on
the netbeans version or require more manual installation.

I'm hoping to find something that doesn't require manual git pulls or jumping
through other hoops, in part because I'll be using it with students who'll have
to set up on their own machines and I want that to be painless. Minimum
functionality is a REPL and an editor with Clojure indentation and parentheses
matching. Other stuff like debugging/profiling/builtin-documentation would be
great but if I can get the minimum with a no-hassle installation then I'll be
happy, and the no-hassle installation part is really the most important thing.

I'm personally using an emacs setup but that installation was not hassle free
and I don't want to make my students learn emacs anyway. Last time I tried the
Eclipse route it wasn't too bad but I found the environment confusingly complex
and there wasn't Clojure indentation, which I think is really necessary.
Ideally I'll use something cross platform, but I might use MCLIDE if it's the
best thing going -- last I tried it it still required jumping through some
hoops and didn't seem quite ready for prime time yet.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

 -Lee

On Jun 16, 2010, at 6:46 PM, Stefan Kamphausen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Jun 17, 12:29 am, Lee Spector <lspec...@hampshire.edu> wrote:
>> - Go to the 'Avalilable Plugins' tab and select the "Enclojure Clojure
>> Plugin and click Install
>>
>> When I do it fails with the following messages:
>>
>> -----
>> Some plugins require plugin Common Scripting Language API (new) to be
>> installed.
>
> I had some very similar problems some weeks ago, when I tried this,
> too.  At that time I used Netbeans 6.7 and 6.9 wasn't yet released.
> After I installed Netbeans 6.8 things went almost smooth.  I had to do
> a manual git pull in the created labrepl project.
>
> After that it's justing waiting for Maven to finish which took *quite*
> a while with my slow connection at home.  I could even use the
> debugger to step clojure programs (after using that funny/ugly trick
> with a dummy java class).
>

> Cheers,
> Stefan

School of Cognitive Science, Hampshire College
893 West Street, Amherst, MA 01002-3359
lspec...@hampshire.edu, http://hampshire.edu/lspector/
Phone: 413-559-5352, Fax: 413-559-5438

Check out Genetic Programming and Evolvable Machines:
http://www.springer.com/10710 - http://gpemjournal.blogspot.com/