I guess I'm mostly wondering where to get the best (continually
update-able best) version of 1.2 core (and contrib?) before it's
released.

I'd rather not go Lein or Maven2 - just a vanilla checkout and Ant if
that's still a supported build option.

Everything's on github - right? The simplest commands to grab the core
(and contrib?) from github as well as the commands to keep updating
every week or so until release would be fantastic.

All of this is assuming, hopefully incorrectly, that there's no
automated nightly JAR that's being produced and made available
somewhere.

Thanks!
-Rich