On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 11:47 AM, Carson <c.sci.b...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Don't buy it. That's the whole point of BigInt contagion. If fact and foo
> > are correctly written this will work.
>
> BigInt contagion doesn't help if in some convoluted manner a BigInt's
> value is used to construct a primitive sufficiently large that later
> causes an overflow.
>

> I would like to see that in real examples. And not in something that tend
to be mainly a program that crunch numbers.
(I think a program "about numbers" could take a bit of complexity to handle
numbers.
 If you write a program to that generates web page, you agree to have an
html library and not have "every structure in clojure is html".)

On the other hand, programs that have few number computations - mainly to
handle a few stats and indices - but that are spread in a lot of code
(I think most program are like that) should benefit from good performance
without annotating all the code.