I'm wondering, what would be a useful basic set of tools for a
newcomer to Clojure with no Java background? I'm not really talking
about IDEs (everyone has their own opinions about IDEs, and I've seen
some discussions elsewhere to give me some pointers on that one). I'm
more interested in things like build tools, testing frameworks,
debuggers, etc. Also, in terms of deployment, what should I be looking
at?

To try to clarify what I mean:

- Build tools: There seem to be things like ant, maven, leiningen. How
do they relate to each other? Is there an "obvious" best answer or
should I be expecting to check them all out depending on my needs? In
that case, are there any good comparisons around?
- Debuggers: Should I be assuming I use my IDE for debugging? What if
I stick to a basic text editor to develop my code? Is there a good
standalone debugger?
- Profilers: Same sort of question - do IDEs offer this, are there
standalone tools?
- Testing: I've not really got to the documentation on Clojure's own
testing tools, so maybe that's all I need, but are there testing
frameworks I should look at, that sort of thing?
- Deployment: For simple standalone utilities, am I looking at bat
file wrappers (I'm on Windows mainly) to set classpath and the like?
Given that there are some annoying limitations with bat files (nasty
nesting behaviour, ugly console windows for GUI applications), are
there any commonly used better solutions? For web applications, I
gather that a servlet container (all that fancy J2EE stuff :-)) and
something like compojure is a good place to start. For non-web
long-running services, is it still reasonable to use an application
server, or should I be looking at something to wrap a Clojure app up
as a Windows service (something like "Java Service Wrapper"
(http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.org/doc/english/download.jsp) came up
for me on a Google search)?

That's a lot of stuff, and I certainly don't need to dive into all of
this at once, but any pointers, comments or suggestions would be very
gratefully received.

Thanks in advance,
Paul.