Thanks for both the replies.

(get-in m [:key1 :item1 :sub1]) <------- YUM ;)

(-> stuff :key1 :item1 sub1)

are better than what I've been doing!

Re: (next...)

I still like mine better, fortunately I can create my own functions,
but I was just highlighted that some of the function names are not
intuitive (to me).
Most of them are good.

Along this vein, I find the documentation is great, but a little hard
to navigate around.
Example to find a list of predicates requires hunting. Is there a
trick?  I know ' source' and 'find-doc', but I'm constantly
searching :)
This is a really niggly point since relatively speaking it's well
done.

As I said, I'm green. I'll get there soon I promise :)

Tim