Hi,

2010/7/7 James Reeves <weavejes...@googlemail.com>:
> I've kinda asked this question before, but I framed in the context of
> a suggestion, and the discussion got bogged down with no real answer.
>
> So this time, let me keep it simple: if I have a small Clojure
> library, "foo", which only has one namespace, what is the idiomatic
> name for that namespace?
>
>  - foo
>  - foo.foo
>  - foo.core
>  - com.github.weavejester.foo
>
> I don't intend to call "foo" from Java, so there is no genclass in the
> namespace definition, and I do not intend to AOT compile the
> namespace.

I would say:
if this library is only for you, and you don't intend to share it
-ever-, then "foo" for the namespace is good.
if you intend to share the library, then use the classical prefix notation:

  * either of the form net.reeves.james.foo  ( or any reversed tld you "own" )
  * either of the form com.yourcorp.foo

Of course, if your library has an especially cryptic name (as we have
with counterclockwise: ccw), then having also directly foo may also
not interfere with other's namespaces. That's the path we took for
counterclockwise, and our top-level namespace/package is just 'ccw'

My 0.02 €,

--
Laurent