I think the first, most important, step is to identify a JVM which is
designed for safety critical systems. The only JVM I know of that has
even bothered to consider SC Java is Atego's (formerly Aonix)
UltraPERC, and I don't think they've qualified it to the level you
seek.

To get qualified for Safety Critical, you need to strip a lot of what
Java is to remove the uncertainty in execution (namely multi-threading
and garbage collection). For Clojure to achieve that would require top-
to-bottom redesign and rewrite, and likely would have to directly
compile to machine code. It would have to lose many of the dynamic
typing features that make it what it is.

Basically, there's no way for Clojure to be Safety Critical.

Sorry!

-Travis