Hi,

On Jul 13, 4:02 am, Wilson MacGyver <wmacgy...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Has anyone used clojure.contrib.Datalog for anything serious? What
> kind of problem
> did you run into if any?

I considered using it, but I could never figure out, how to use it
correctly. eg. what predicates are available? Can I define my own? I
remember finally hitting a wall, but can't remember what the exact
problem was.

> What is the performance like? Is there a sweet spot beyond that it's
> completely
> in memory only?

The sweet spot for me are the recursive predicates. I encounter a lot
of situations in my day work where I need to define my own predicates.
These can be quite ad-hoc. eg. a part number is be part of a certain
family of devices. But two part numbers from the same device family
might use different microcontrollers, etc. So datalog sounded very
interesting to me.

Sincerely
Meikel