The official doc for clojure and clojure-contrib have moved as well.
They are now at:

http://clojure.github.com/clojure/

and

http://clojure.github.com/clojure-contrib/

I have not got them completely up-to-date with the 1.2 beta split, so
for the moment just look at the master branch. I expect to have that
fixed in the next few days.

You are correct, clojure.string is not there. I'll get that added
today. Thanks for catching it!

Tom