On Jul 19, 8:19 pm, Meikel Brandmeyer <m...@kotka.de> wrote:

> Starting the server is up to the user. Rule 1: Vim is not an IDE. There is a
> plethora of tools for handling classpaths questions. I personally use gradle;
> before that I used simple shell scripts with project relative CLASSPATH and
> that's it. ant+ivy, maven, leiningen, … all will they do a sufficient job.
> Vim is an editor. It has no business with Java classpaths. (For eclipse this
> is different: eclipse is expected to handle the classpath, no?) Besides that,
> you cannot portable start a background process from inside vim. (At least I'm
> not aware of how to do that)

Really, there isn't a way to start processes from VIM?  How about just
opening a temporary buffer for the output of the nailgun server, and
then start it with a bang!?

How about offering a variable that we can set in our .vimrc files with
a command to run on plugin load?  That way I can start with "lein
nailgun", you gravy, shellscripts, or whatever.  Having it start
automatically would be very nice because now you have to have multiple
terminals open and run multiple commands to just pop open a clojure
file with a repl.

-Jeff