On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 2:58 PM, Daniel <doubleagen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to write a clojure program that searches for similarities of
> words in the english language and places them in a graph, where the
> distance between nodes indicates their similarity.  I don't mean
> syntactical similarity.  Related contextual meaning is closer to the
> mark.
>
> For instance: "fish" and "reel" don't have much similarity, but in the
> context of fishing they do, so the distance in such a graph wouldn't
> be very large.
>
> I'm sure research has been done in this area (I suspect with no small
> portion belonging to google), so can anybody point me in the right
> direction?
>
> Thanks.

I've started some work with natural language processing and Clojure in
my clojure-opennlp library - http://github.com/dakrone/clojure-opennlp
, it may be useful to you, however it looks like you're interested
more in semantic processing instead of grammatical/syntax processing,
so I'm not sure if it entirely fits your need. Just thought I'd throw
it in.

- Lee