On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 1:40 PM, nchubrich <nchubr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone has any experience developing Clojure
> applications with a Flex interface, and if so, what is the best way of
> going about it.

I have quite a bit of experience. I've been writing an internal
implementation of the non-media parts of RTMP, so that your backend
can be anything that runs on the JVM (Java, Clojure, Scala, Groovy,
JRuby, etc.) and your frontend can be pure ActionScript.

The 'best way' probably depends on how you'll be deploying your
application. Are you going with some J2EE container, are you packaging
everything into a standalone app? (Or maybe something between the
two...)

> I also wonder if anyone has used Las3r----I'm a little reluctant to
> use it because the Flash Builder programming environment is so
> effective.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nick.

I don't have experience with Las3r - but it says it's a port of
Clojure (parts of) to run on the AVM2. That's pretty different than
the standard method of communication between a Flex frontend and a JVM
backend. If I were you I'd look at getting Jetty or Tomcat (JBoss if
you're very brave or previously-enterprise-skilled) to work with
BlazeDS - then you can write your Clojure code compiled to JARs and
expose the methods as AMF messagebrokers to a RemoteObject running
from Flex.

-Rich