Let's say my group has a fairly large java project on which ~20 people
are working.
We want to start using clojure with our existing code.

Specifically, we want to have clojure classes that provide functions
for our java classes, and vice versa.

Two questions on the best way to do this:

(:1 Should the clojure source files intermingle with the java source files,
each according to it's relavance to the problem, or should there be a top
level separation between them?)

(:2 Say I have this:
     English.java --- which defines some cool data structure
representing English sentences
     Chinese.java --- same as above except for Chinese.
     awesome-junk.clj --- which provides unthinkably cool AI functions
that map English objects to Chinese objects. This is AOT compiled so
other things can use it.
     PainstakinglyMadeGUI.java --- which provides an awesome GUI that
uses the English and Chinese objects and calls the functions provided
by awesome-junk.

Now, how can I build this project from nothing!?
You can't compile all the java objects first, because they need
awesome-junk.clj.
You can't compile awesome-junk first, because it needs Chinese and
English class files to exist.
What do you do?  What if you have 20 java files and 20 clj files that
all depend on each other in interesting ways?
This isn't a problem with pure java because you just throw them all
together "at-once" and let javac sort em' out.
Can it be just as easy with a heterogeneous mix of files? (maybe with
an eclipse plugin or something?))

--Robert McIntyre