You could do what one of my "modern language" (python) students did.
Put the open parens at the end of the line and it looks like python!

(
defun foo (
arg1 arg2 arg3 ) (
let (
   tmp1 tmp2 ) (
 firstFunction arg1 ) (
 secondFunction arg2 ) (
 thirdFunction arg3 )))

auggghhh! my eyes! my eyes!!!! :-)

Back in the pre-history while I worked in the "machine room"
a student came to me with FORTRAN code. He discovered that FORTRAN
ignored spaces so he has a solid block of code from column 8 to
column 71 that went on for pages.

There is no disputing taste. Fortunately, lisp doesn't care.

Since it is still "in the early days" of Clojure it might be a
good idea to follow the style set in clojure core.clj. You never
know when your code might become a candidate for inclusion and
the last thing you want is to be rejected for style.

Tim Daly