Since I switched to Clojure 1.2, I see an error message whenever I try to
reload a source file that imports anything. The error message is of the form
"xxxx already refers to xxx", as though it is complaining that it can't
import the same thing twice.

For example, I have a minimal source file that looks like this:

(ns test.core
  (:use clojure.contrib.seq-utils))

I can load it (once!) into the Clojure REPL successfully:

$ java -cp lib/clojure-contrib-1.2.0.jar:lib/clojure-1.2.0.jar clojure.main
Clojure 1.2.0
user=> (load-file "src/test/core.clj")
WARNING: partition-by already refers to: #'clojure.core/partition-by in
namespace: test.core, being replaced by:
#'clojure.contrib.seq-utils/partition-by
WARNING: frequencies already refers to: #'clojure.core/frequencies in
namespace: test.core, being replaced by:
#'clojure.contrib.seq-utils/frequencies
WARNING: shuffle already refers to: #'clojure.core/shuffle in namespace:
test.core, being replaced by: #'clojure.contrib.seq-utils/shuffle
WARNING: reductions already refers to: #'clojure.core/reductions in
namespace: test.core, being replaced by:
#'clojure.contrib.seq-utils/reductions
WARNING: partition-all already refers to: #'clojure.core/partition-all in
namespace: test.core, being replaced by:
#'clojure.contrib.seq-utils/partition-all
WARNING: group-by already refers to: #'clojure.core/group-by in namespace:
test.core, being replaced by: #'clojure.contrib.seq-utils/group-by
WARNING: flatten already refers to: #'clojure.core/flatten in namespace:
test.core, being replaced by: #'clojure.contrib.seq-utils/flatten
nil

If I try to reload it then I see an error message:

user=> (load-file "src/test/core.clj")
java.lang.IllegalStateException: partition-by already refers to:
#'clojure.contrib.seq-utils/partition-by in namespace: test.core
(core.clj:1)
user=>

This error message is seen even if I edit the source file and remove the
(:use ...) clause and then try to load the file again.

Anyone have any idea what is going on? I didn't see this behaviour in
Clojure 1.1 and it would be nice if I could find a way to reload files that
I'm working on.

Cheers,

Chris