This was actually the article that finally got me to overcome the
inertia and start exploring lisp, as a long-time native Java speaker.
I gave up again in a few weeks, but the possibilities excited me, and
when I found Clojure I was delighted with the number of things that
were better than lisp, as well as the things better than Java.

After just two weeks of working with lisp, when I went to write my
next Java app, I was flabbergasted to discover that there is no (map).
You might want to show them how simple it becomes to process sequences
with map/reduce/etc - that was a huge revelation for me.