I've been using clojure with mongodb for a while now.  I found that
using a nosql database system was very freeing and pleasurable,
compared to the python/sqlite combination I'd used before.  However,
I'm starting to bump up against some limitations:
1.  On my 32-bit Windows machine, mongodb is quite limited on the size
of the database it can manage.  I've hit that limit, and can no longer
add data or new indexes.
2.  somnium.congomongo supports only rudimentary queries, e.g., no way
to fetch while sorting on a given index.  I've tried downloading and
compiling a fork of congomongo that purports to support sorted
queries, but couldn't get it to work.  I can't pull all the data into
memory to sort, because 32-bit Java supports a maximum heap size of
1600MB, which is not enough to hold all the data.

So I'm thinking it's time to move to another database.  Doing a
websearch, I couldn't really figure out which options are "ready for
prime-time" with respect to Clojure.  For example, searching on
clojure and couchdb turned up a handful of forks, with no way for me
to determine if any of them were actually reliable, robust, and
supported by anyone.

I'd love to hear some experience reports from people using databases
with Clojure.  What are you using, and are you satisfied?  I'd
consider going back to an sql-based database if necessary, but I'd
love to continue using a "nosql" database if possible.

Thanks,

Mark