Hi,

I've been using Clojure & Leiningen for a while, but never reliably with emacs.
To make things worse I really don't know emacs (vi since 1978 or something, but
not emacs, and now I think emacs hates me). Questions below.

On 2010-09-28, at 7:37 AM, Mike Meyer wrote:

> Actually, this sounds like standard behavior for an integrated
> EMACS/REPL to me: "sending" code from the edited file to the REPL
> evaluates them in the REPL, but doesn't print them: you either get a
> message in the minibuffer or a short note in the buffer. Normal usage
> is to edit a function, send it to the REPL, then switch to the repl
> and test the newly defined function(s) (usually just M-p to recall the
> just failed test).

Okay. I'm feeling like a total idiot here.

What do you mean by 'switch to the repl', in fact, how do you do that?

I'm using lein swank, I can connect to it, I can evaluate expressions and get
the correct results, I can see the communication going between emacs and lein
swank in the *slime-events* buffer. I switched the mode of the *scratch* buffer
to Clojure and I can ^X^E stuff in there and get the results.

What I cannot do is open up a repl. If I us ^C^Z it'll try to run a program
called 'lisp', and if it isn't there emacs will moan. If I make a shell script
called 'lisp' and put 'lien repl' in it, emacs will start the script start up a
new repl and show the prompt... but it'll be running from the wrong place.

What is this lisp program? How do I bring up a repl that uses the swank I'm
connected to? Is this even possible?

Thanks *so* much in advance.

Cheers,
Bob

> In particular, SWANK/SLIME prints the value of the last expression in
> the evaluate region in the minibuffer. At least, that's what' it's
> always done for me.
>
>       <mike
> --
> Mike Meyer <m...@mired.org>           http://www.mired.org/consulting.html
> Independent Network/Unix/Perforce consultant, email for more information.

----
Bob Hutchison
Recursive Design Inc.
http://www.recursive.ca/