On Thu 14/10/10 20:58 , Mark Engelberg mark.engelb...@gmail.com sent:
> Since no one chimed in with support or reasoning for resultset-seq's
> current lower-casing behavior, can we discuss changing it to
> case-maintaining behavior, or at least make it something you can set
> with an optional flag?

I suspect that it is because SQL is (typically?) case insensitive on names, so
queries are often written using without regard to the case of the field
names.  As keywords are not compared case-insensitively, it would make it
difficult to reconcile the results of multiple pre-written queries in
clojure if down-casing didn't occur.

I'm in favour of down-casing - at least by default.  Some processing is going
to happen anyway, as column names might contain spaces, which wouldn't
be allowed in keywords.

--
Dave