I would like to apply an higher order function on an arbitrarily
nested data structure which yields exactly the same structure but the
original values replaced by the result of applying the passed in
function.

This is somewhat akin to the fmap function in Functor type class in
haskell. I had a brief discussion with Christophe Grande at the Conj
and he mentioned I post it to the group.

Thanks,
Amitava Shee