At NCDevCon, we had sessions that were hands-on where the attendees
could bring their laptop and get completely set up with their
programming
environment and tools. Plus, an expert gave a demo on how to get
started
and an overview. Usually, they were half day or full day sessions.

That could be another idea to try at the next Conj, but I don't know
how
many people were Clojure noobs like me.

Either that or have a formal class associated with the Conj that
would
run just before it.

I also like David's idea. NCDevCon had three charities that we
sponsored
using donations, collecting donations for the refreshments and
proceeds
for selling T-shirts. It is an extra, but was well received.

<snip>