On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 14:14:16 -0500, lprefontaine wrote:

> Sticking to long and double gets away from Java semantic but it is done
> to improve numeric performances. You can actually hint in 1,3 on the
> return type of a function to avoid automatic boxing and have your code
> work entirely with a "native" type. Boxing if I recall correctly will
> convert systematically to BigDecimal.
>
> Any computation could then be carried on, even if it does not fit in one
> of the "native" types (long or double).
>
> If you work explicitly with longs or doubles, it's at the expense of
> (potential) overflow exceptions. If you have a intense numeric
> computations it is assumed that you know about these potential limits.
>
> As for the syntax to pass bytes, ints, ... to Java, I cannot recall the
> exact syntax to do it but it should be similar to type hints used in
> 1.2.
>
> No idea if the Conj videos are available yet...

They don't seem to be mentioned on http://clojure-conj.org/ -- and http://
clojure.blip.tv/ has been mostly inactive.

Could we see more videos posted on blip.tv? I like how you can actually
download the original video files from there (and revver, and vimeo;
unlike YouTube, bah -- officially, anyway).

--
Michel Alexandre Salim
Clojure contributor: http://clojure.org/contributing

µblog: http://identi.ca/hircus   | Jabber: hir...@jabber.ccc.de