File example\some.clj

(ns example.some (:use example.someother))

(defn helloworld [] (print "helloworld"))

File example\someother.clj:

(ns example.someother (:use example.some))

(defn sample [] (helloworld))

A compile error "Unable to resolve helloworld in this context" is produced
(on either latest clojure-maven-plugin or Leiningen). If the two defn's are
switched places, the build completes successfully.

This is very basic functionality but after thinking a lot, I still see no
reason why it isn't working. What am I getting wrong?

Clojure 1.2.