Indeed.

I have emailed him again asking for further clarification (and asked
for what license it is released under, if any - though I think its
extremely important that it is released under some specific and
publicly disclosed terms).

The only other discussion on this issue that I could find was here:
http://groups.google.com/group/clojure/browse_thread/thread/7f179c79f0d0bb3e
but, while somebody asked about the license, a distinctive answer was
never given.

Hopefully he can solve this once and for all and prevent any future
confusion. I think it would be a good idea to put this information up
on http://clojure.org/license