I highly recommend jedis for redis java lib. It supports connection
pooling, pub/sub.
and works with the 2.0 protocol.

https://github.com/xetorthio/jedis

Any reason why you want to use both memcached and redis at the same time?
redis is basically memcached++, with collection/queue support as values,
and persist the data to disk periodically. I'm not sure what memcached
fits in here if you already have redis.