Hello Sunil,

Saturday, November 27, 2010, 11:24:58 AM, you wrote:

> Hello,
>  I would like to know if it is possible to find out the name of the
> structure from its instance. my attempt to use the function class is
> not giving me any useful info. It kept saying that it is  a structmap and
> nothing more...
> Regards,
> Sunil

It isn't really possible - structmaps are more intended as an optimisation for
normal maps than a type system

However in Clojure 1.2 or above, defrecord is available.  This is similar to
structmaps, but it gives you types, interop with java, and polymorphic method
dispatch via protocols:

see: http://clojure.org/datatypes

--
Dave