What is the difference between rest and next?

I'm confused, should I use empty? or not? when to use it?

Robert,
Your code is working but if I use empty? , it returns 0 instead of the
actual count.
Why?

Why Clojure decided to handle an empty list as a not false? this is a
big (if not) departure from Common Lisp?

Thank you guys for your help and time.