On Dec 11, 7:08 am, Alan <a...@malloys.org> wrote:
> Have you considered instead providing a clojure wrapper around a well-
> known java command-line parser? The only one I've used is apache-
> commons-cli, which I found to be pretty lackluster,
> buthttp://www.freebsdsoftware.org/java/java-getopt.htmlis from FreeBSD
> and claims to be a 100% compatible port of getopt. I enjoy writing
> code as much as the next guy, but I'd rather have a clojure wrapper
> around a well-tested library than something I threw together that
> seems to work.

I saw this and thought the opposite! I think it is a good thing that
somebody has done a higher level argument parsing library.

As far as I know, getopt doesn't support type conversion, help text or
field validation. Generally, higher level languages have better
argument parsing libraries than the getopt style, Python for instance:
http://docs.python.org/library/optparse.html

Saul