Hi,

I suppose you are Unlogic from IRC. I don't whether you saw it, but I posted
some rough sketch: http://paste.pocoo.org/show/303462/

It just introduces the function binding, no other global objects are
introduced. The methods are stored in a map in an atom in the metadata of the
Var of the multimethod. I haven't tested things, though. Implementing isa?
dispatch and other sugar is left as an excercise to the astute reader. ;)

Sincerely
Meikel

PS: atom may have metadata! For comparison, see also the metadata on the Var.

user=> (def x (atom 0 :meta {:meta :data}))
#'user/x
user=> (meta x)
{:meta :data}
user=> (meta #'x)
{:ns #<Namespace user>, :name x, :file "NO_SOURCE_PATH", :line 2}